Sunday, June 10, 2007

I've Been Googled



The moment I first heard about podcasting from my friend Dan Klass, back in the fall of 2004, I knew it was something I had to do. Unfortunately, I didn't have a computer and I was living in a basement apartment (literally meaning the basement of my friend's pad. ) That winter, I scrambled to get an iBook (and a Girlfriend) so that I could change my life.

By March of 2005 I was ready (with the help of Dan) to begin producing my storytelling podcast Verge of the Fringe. Dan held my hand through the process and even gave me a few small pieces of Radio Shack gear. He also told me to use Blogger to easily post my shows, and Feedburner to generate my "feed." I had no idea what was going on with all of the tech stuff, so I just did what he told me to do. Plus they were both free, which was right in the middle of my price range.

For the most part I have been happy with both, and I still use them. Back when I was teaching with Dan at the Apple Store at the Grove, I would always point students in their direction. But secretly I was bummed that Blogger wasn't easier to use.

Times have changed, now Blogger and Feedburner are owned by Google. Which looks to be a good thing. They really have made creating a cool blog, so much easier! (Although, I wasn't able to place the image for this story where I wanted it. I know it can be done.... Please just make it easier for tech lunk heads like me. Thanks Mr. Google.)

The next time I trip on Google, I'll focus on "My New Blogger/Google Toy" aka "My Newsreel" (see the bottom of the page.) I really dig it a ton.... Until next time.

Cheers,

--Lance

No comments: